2023 Chevy Silverado 2500
The 2023 Chevy Silverado 2500HD is stronger and more capable than ever. This heavy-duty truck not only tows and hauls major weight, but it also treats you to tow-friendly technology and a wealth of creature comforts. Our buying guide is here to answer your burning questions about this Chevy pickup.
Why choose the 2023 Chevy Silverado 2500HD?
Compared to light-duty trucks, the heavy-duty Silverado 2500HD gives you the power and equipment you need to tow and haul extra weight. But these strong Chevy pickups also put a friendly price on tow-friendly technology, creature comforts, and modern smartphone connectivity.
How powerful is the 2023 Chevy Silverado 2500HD?
There are two heavy-duty powertrain options for the Silverado 2500HD:
- Gas-powered 6.6-liter V8 (401 horsepower, 464 lb-ft of torque) + six-speed automatic transmission
- Duramax diesel 6.6L V8 (445 hp, 910 lb-ft) + 10-speed automatic transmission
- Standard rear-wheel drive
- Optional four-wheel drive
How much weight you can move with your Silverado 2500HD varies according to which powertrain you select, but body style and equipment also make a big difference. Properly equipped, these heavy-duty trucks can tow up to 18,510 pounds. These Chevy pickups can also haul major payloads, with max ratings of 4,673 pounds.
Which features are available for the 2023 Chevy Silverado 2500HD?
There are five Silverado 2500HD trim models: Work Truck (WT), Custom, LT, LTZ, and High Country. Each adds a little more comfort and convenience to your ride, though the price also goes up as you move up the list.
The entry-level WT is basic, but it gives you a great price on the necessities, including these standard features:
- Vinyl upholstery
- Single-zone climate control
- Rear-seat air vents
- Manual door locks and crank windows
- 7-inch infotainment touchscreen
- Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Automatic locking rear differential
- Locking tailgate
Jump to the Custom to add:
- Cloth upholstery
- Power windows and door locks
- Remote keyless entry
- Cruise control
- Power-adjustable trailering mirrors
The LT adds to the Custom lineup with more convenience features, plus a little panache:
- Larger digital gauge cluster
- 8-inch infotainment touchscreen
- Chevrolet Connected Services with onboard Wi-Fi
- Satellite radio
- EZ Lift tailgate
- Trailer brake controller
- Chrome bumpers
For a little splash of luxury, check out the LTZ, which delivers:
- Leather upholstery
- Power-adjustable front seats
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Upgraded 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system
- Wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
- Remote engine start
- LED headlights
- Fog Lights
- Enhanced trailering technology
- Electronic variable steering assist
- Upgraded two-speed transfer case (4WD models)
Finally, there’s the most luxurious truck, the Silverado 2500HD High Country, which adds to the aforementioned features with:
- Heated and ventilated front seats
- Heated steering wheel
- Built-in navigation
- Wireless smartphone charging
- Seven-speaker Bose audio system
- Bed-view camera
- Surround-view camera system
- Blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert
- Power-sliding rear window
- Standard four-wheel drive
- LED cargo bed lighting
- Spray-in bedliner
When will the Chevy Silverado 2500HD be redesigned?
It looks like this heavy-duty truck will see a significant refresh, complete with new features, for the 2024 model year. If you’re looking forward to the latest gadgets and work-friendly upgrades, you don’t have long to wait!
0 comment(s) so far on 2023 Chevy Silverado 2500